This salad consists of the following:
2 cups of organic girl baby spinach
5 slices of organic yellow and orange bell peppers, torn into pieces
1 small handful of mixed organic sprouts (bean, lentil and veggie)
1/8-1/4 cup of shiitake mushrooms, raw & chopped, and 1 tablespoon of Newman’s Own olive oil dressing.
More tips to get your 5-9 servings a day:
- Put grated carrots or bits of broccoli and cauliflower in your pasta sauce.
- Add steamed veggies to any meal or snack to boost your satiety and fiber intake.
- Instead of chips, have sliced cucumbers or crunchy sugar snap peas with sandwiches.
- Use yummy dips and spreads like guacamole or hummus to make veggies taste better.
- Use warm blueberries or strawberries (microwaved with stevia) over cereal or waffles.
- Top cereal or oatmeal with fresh fruit of your choice (or microwave for creamy texture).
- Make veggies the star of the show by filling up half of your plate with them.
- Make a big mixed veggie salad your go-to fast food meal of choice.
So there you have it. Easy ways to get more fruits and veggies into your day. Enjoy!